SIGNIFICANT BENEFIT WORK PERMIT FOR ENTREPRENEURS
If you have a unique service or product, experience as an owner or senior manager and money to invest into your business, the significant benefit work permit may be for you.
Canada wants to attract entrepreneurs who bring long-term significant economic, social and/or cultural benefits. This immigration program is addressed to business owners who have businesses that provide unusual goods/services or know how in Canada.
Example of factors we look at:
- Your work experience.
- Your work experience as a business owner or senior manager.
- Your past experience, expertise, recognition, awards, leadership in that same field.
- Your financials: you need to show that you have the financial ability to open a business in Canada. Although there is no minimum investment required under this program, ideally, you should be ready to show at least $100,000 CAD in liquid funds.
- The growth potential of this business.
- If the business will create jobs for Canadians.
- If the entrepreneur will bring a specialized knowledge to Canada and transfer it to Canadians.
- If the business will facilitate exportations.
- Discuss business idea with lawyer.
- Set up the short term (work permit) and long-term (permanent residence) strategy.
- We will find the perfect place to buy or rent. In either case, you must own at least 50% of this business.
- We will do the incorporation and the business plan.
- We will have to show that the business is ready to start or even better, has already started (licenses, website, suppliers, distributors, equipment, employees, etc.).
What you will get:
- 2 years work permit
- Your spouse can also get a work permit and your children may obtain study permits
When can you apply for permanent residence: