Saskatchewan Skilled-Worker – Occupation-in Demand
- Prove at least 1 year of full-time paid skilled work experience related to your education
- Have at least a university/college diploma
- IELTS 4
- Proof of funds (~$13,000 CAD for 1 person, $16,000 for 2 persons, $20,000 for 3 persons, etc.)
- Get WES (education assessment) – valid for 5 years
- Get IELTS – valid for 2 years
- Apply online and wait to be selected out of the pool of applicants
- Once selected, you have 60 days to submit your documents to Saskatchewan
- Once approved by Saskatchewan, you will apply for permanent residence with the federal government.
TIME: ~ 1.5 year
It is mostly the federal stage that takes time, but as long as you receive a Nomination Certificate from the province, the rest is just a question of time.
WHO IS INCLUDED IN YOUR APPLICATION
· Your husband/wife
· Children under 22 year old
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST
· To Saskatchewan after you are selected: $300
· To Federal Government:
– $1325 per adult
– $225 per child
· Medical examination
· Police clearance certificate
This is an excellent program compared to other provinces where a job offer is mandatory. There is no cost until you are selected by the province.
There are selections approximately every 2 weeks.
This is a point system. I highly suggest that you aim for HIGHER than IELTS 4.
You should have your IELTS and WES before applying.
Be careful of providing correct information right from the beginning. If you are selected and your documents do not prove what you have entered online, your application may be refused.
Choose your NOC code (job code) accurately.